Job prospects Fast Food Restaurant Manager near Cold Lake (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Restaurant and food service managers near Cold Lake (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a fast food restaurant manager.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be limited for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) in the Wood Buffalo - Cold Lake region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
This tourism-related occupation has been affected by weakness in the oil and gas sector. Apart from Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region, Alberta's hotel industry has been negatively impacted by the economic slowdown. Increases in international tourist traffic have only partially offset a slump in business travel. Additionally, tighter household budgets have reduced in-province vacation travel.
Here are some key facts about Restaurant and food service managers in the Wood Buffalo - Cold Lake region:
- Approximately 370 people work in this occupation.
- Restaurant and food service managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72):more than 95%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: