Job prospects Fast Food Restaurant Manager in Newfoundland and Labrador
Job opportunities for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) are fair in Newfoundland and Labrador over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a fast food restaurant manager.
Job opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador
The employment outlook will be fair for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) in Newfoundland and Labrador for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Restaurant and food service managers in the Newfoundland and Labrador region:
- Approximately 1,150 people work in this occupation.
- Restaurant and food service managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 92% compared to 84% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 8% compared to 16% for all occupations
- 73% of restaurant and food service managers work all year, while 27% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 36 weeks compared to 26 weeks for all occupations.
- 25% of restaurant and food service managers are self-employed compared to an average of 6% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Newfoundland and Labrador by economic region.
|Avalon Peninsula Region||Fair Fair|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||Fair Fair|
|South Coast–Burin Peninsula Region||Fair Fair|
|West Coast–Northern Peninsula–Labrador Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: