Job prospects Fast Food Restaurant Manager in Northwest Territories
Job opportunities for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) are fair in Northwest Territories over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a fast food restaurant manager.
Job opportunities in Northwest Territories
The employment outlook will be fair for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) in Northwest Territories for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The number of visitors in the Northwest Territories has been rising over the last five years, along with higher tourism spending and business travel. Tourism-based occupations are expected to grow as a weaker Canadian dollar attracts more U.S. and international visitors.
Here are some key facts about Restaurant and food service managers in the Northwest Territories region:
- Approximately 100 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Restaurant and food service managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Tourism & Culture (NAICS 51, 71-72): 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 86% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 14% for all occupations
- 81% of restaurant and food service managers work all year, while 19% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 26 weeks compared to 26 weeks for all occupations.
- 22% of restaurant and food service managers are self-employed compared to an average of 6% for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: