Job prospects Chemical Operator, Chemical-processing near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Chemical plant machine operators near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a chemical operator, chemical-processing.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be good for Chemical plant machine operators (NOC 9421) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Chemical plant machine operators in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,720 people work in this occupation.
- Chemical plant machine operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 60%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 12%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: