Job outlook Retail Salesperson near Whitehorse (YT)
Job opportunities for Retail salespersons (NOC 6421) are good near Whitehorse (YT) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a retail salesperson.
Job opportunities near Whitehorse (YT)
The employment outlook will be good for Retail salespersons (NOC 6421) in Yukon for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Retail salespersons in the Yukon region:
- Approximately 400 people work in this occupation.
- Retail salespersons mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale and Retail Trade (NAICS 41, 44-45): 71%
- Manufacturing (NAICS 31-33): 13%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 8%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 64% compared to 82% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 36% compared to 18% for all occupations
- 50% of retail salespersons work all year, while 50% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 30 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of retail salespersons are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Job opportunities in Yukon
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Retail salespersons (NOC 6421) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: