Job prospects Retail Salesperson near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Retail salespersons near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a retail salesperson.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Retail salespersons (NOC 6421) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
A number of high-end retailers have established themselves in this region over the past few years and more are anticipated in the near future. This region is a major market for retail operations in the province given its large population, which supports demand for retail salespersons.
Here are some key facts about Retail salespersons in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 101,180 people work in this occupation.
- Retail salespersons mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 83%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: