Job outlook Retail Salesperson near Vancouver (BC)
Job opportunities for Retail salespersons (NOC 6421) are good near Vancouver (BC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a retail salesperson.
Job opportunities near Vancouver (BC)
The employment outlook will be good for Retail salespersons (NOC 6421) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Retail salespersons in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 50,350 people work in this occupation.
- Retail salespersons mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 81%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Retail salespersons (NOC 6421) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: