Job prospects Retail Salesperson near Kitchener (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Retail salespersons near Kitchener (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a retail salesperson.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Retail salespersons (NOC 6421) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
This is one of the fastest growing economic regions in the province in terms of its population size. This should stimulate consumer demand for retail products and food services, supporting the need for retail salespersons.
Here are some key facts about Retail salespersons in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 21,590 people work in this occupation.
- Retail salespersons mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 83%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: