Job prospects Construction Electrician Apprentice in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Electricians (except industrial and power system) (NOC 7241) are limited in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a construction electrician apprentice.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be limited for Electricians (except industrial and power system) (NOC 7241) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Electricians (except industrial and power system) in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 3,600 people work in this occupation.
- Electricians (except industrial and power system) mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 83%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 94% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 6% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 57% of electricians (except industrial and power system) work all year, while 43% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 12% of electricians (except industrial and power system) are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Limited Limited|
|North Central Region||Limited Limited|
|North Region||Limited Limited|
|Parklands Region||Limited Limited|
|South Central Region||Limited Limited|
|Southeast Region||Limited Limited|
|Southwest Region||Limited Limited|
|Winnipeg Region||Limited Limited|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Electricians (except industrial and power system) (NOC 7241) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: