Job prospects Construction Electrician Apprentice in Yukon
Job opportunities for Electricians (except industrial and power system) (NOC 7241) are fair in Yukon over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a construction electrician apprentice.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Yukon
The employment outlook will be fair for Electricians (except industrial and power system) (NOC 7241) in Yukon for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Electricians (except industrial and power system) in the Yukon region:
- Approximately 150 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Electricians (except industrial and power system) mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 83%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 12%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 89% compared to 82% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 11% compared to 18% for all occupations
- 60% of electricians (except industrial and power system) work all year, while 40% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 27 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 15% of electricians (except industrial and power system) are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Electricians (except industrial and power system) (NOC 7241) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: