Job prospects Construction Electrician Apprentice in the Red Deer Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Electricians (except industrial and power system) in the Red Deer Region. These trends also apply to people working as a construction electrician apprentice.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was poor over the past few years (2018-2020). There were more workers available than job openings.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Electricians (except industrial and power system) (NOC 7241) in the Red Deer region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Electricians (except industrial and power system) in the Red Deer region:
- Approximately 600 people work in this occupation.
- Electricians (except industrial and power system) mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 93%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: