Job prospects Arts And Crafts Leader - Sports And Recreation near Port Hawkesbury (NS)
Explore current and future job prospects for Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness near Port Hawkesbury (NS). These trends also apply to people working as an arts and crafts leader - sports and recreation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness (NOC 5254) in the Cape Breton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of a few positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Public interest in fitness and health should continue to create a demand for these types of positions although there is some dependency on government funding for facilities, programs, and staffing. Job opportunities are often part-time or seasonal, lower-paying, and filled by students during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness in the Cape Breton region:
- Approximately 170 people work in this occupation.
- Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 54%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 18%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 14%
- Nursing and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: