Job prospects Contractor, Home Renovation in Alberta
Job opportunities for Home building and renovation managers (NOC 0712) are good in Alberta over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a contractor, home renovation.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be good for Home building and renovation managers (NOC 0712) in Alberta for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Home building and renovation managers in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 18,350 people work in this occupation.
- Home building and renovation managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 88% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 12% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 60% of home building and renovation managers work all year, while 40% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 60% of home building and renovation managers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Good Good|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Good Good|
|Calgary Region||Good Good|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Good Good|
|Edmonton Region||Good Good|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Good Good|
|Red Deer Region||Good Good|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Home building and renovation managers (NOC 0712) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: