Job prospects Contractor, Home Renovation in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Home building and renovation managers (NOC 0712) are good in British Columbia over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a contractor, home renovation.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be good for Home building and renovation managers (NOC 0712) in British Columbia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Home building and renovation managers in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 23,900 people work in this occupation.
- Home building and renovation managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 85% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 15% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 52% of home building and renovation managers work all year, while 48% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 66% of home building and renovation managers are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Good Good|
|Kootenay Region||Good Good|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Good Good|
|Nechako Region||Good Good|
|North Coast Region||Good Good|
|Northeast Region||Good Good|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Good Good|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Home building and renovation managers (NOC 0712) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: