Job prospects Contractor, Home Renovation in New Brunswick
Job opportunities for Home building and renovation managers (NOC 0712) are good in New Brunswick over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a contractor, home renovation.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in New Brunswick
The employment outlook will be good for Home building and renovation managers (NOC 0712) in New Brunswick for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Home building and renovation managers in the New Brunswick region:
- Approximately 1,650 people work in this occupation.
- Home building and renovation managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 85% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 15% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 62% of home building and renovation managers work all year, while 38% work only part of the year, compared to 60% and 40% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 29 weeks for all occupations.
- 71% of home building and renovation managers are self-employed compared to an average of 8% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in New Brunswick by economic region.
|Campbellton–Miramichi Region||Good Good|
|Edmundston–Woodstock Region||Good Good|
|Moncton–Richibucto Region||Good Good|
|Saint John–St. Stephen Region||Good Good|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Home building and renovation managers (NOC 0712) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: