Job prospects Contractor, Home Renovation in Newfoundland and Labrador
Job opportunities for Home building and renovation managers (NOC 0712) are fair in Newfoundland and Labrador over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a contractor, home renovation.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador
The employment outlook will be fair for Home building and renovation managers (NOC 0712) in Newfoundland and Labrador for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of several positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Home building and renovation managers in the Newfoundland and Labrador region:
- Approximately 1,000 people work in this occupation.
- Home building and renovation managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 84% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 16% for all occupations
- 63% of home building and renovation managers work all year, while 37% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 29 weeks compared to 26 weeks for all occupations.
- 47% of home building and renovation managers are self-employed compared to an average of 6% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Newfoundland and Labrador by economic region.
|Avalon Peninsula Region||Fair Fair|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||Fair Fair|
|South Coast–Burin Peninsula Region||Fair Fair|
|West Coast–Northern Peninsula–Labrador Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Home building and renovation managers (NOC 0712) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: