Job prospects Switch Network Installer And Repairer - Telecommunications in the Red Deer Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Telecommunications installation and repair workers in the Red Deer Region. These trends also apply to people working as a switch network installer and repairer - telecommunications.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Telecommunications installation and repair workers (NOC 7246) in the Red Deer region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Telecommunications installation and repair workers in the Red Deer region:
- Approximately 110 people work in this occupation.
- Telecommunications installation and repair workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 66%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 14%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 11%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 10%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: