Job prospects Switch Network Installer And Repairer - Telecommunications in the Edmonton Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Telecommunications installation and repair workers in the Edmonton Region. These trends also apply to people working as a switch network installer and repairer - telecommunications.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Telecommunications installation and repair workers (NOC 7246) in the Edmonton region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Telecommunications installation and repair workers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 840 people work in this occupation.
- Telecommunications installation and repair workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 61%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 15%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: