Job prospects Installer, Sprinklers And Fire Protection Systems in Saskatchewan
Job opportunities for Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers (NOC 7252) are fair in Saskatchewan over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an installer, sprinklers and fire protection systems.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
The employment outlook will be fair for Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers (NOC 7252) in Saskatchewan for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers in the Saskatchewan region:
- Approximately 700 people work in this occupation.
- Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 64%
- Petroleum and coal product manufacturing (NAICS 324): 8%
- Religious, grant-making, civic, and professional and similar organizations (NAICS 813): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 44% of steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers work all year, while 56% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Northern Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Prince Albert Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region||Limited Limited|
|Saskatoon–Biggar Region||Fair Fair|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Yorkton–Melville Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers (NOC 7252) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
Mining Sector Hiring Forecast
The Mining Industry Human Resources Council (MiHR) forecasts that the mining sector will need to hire a total of 820 Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers in Saskatchewan from 2011 to 2021.
The following table shows MiHR’s forecast for the total number of jobs that will need to be filled from 2011 to the given year.
|Cumulative Hiring Forecast (base year 2011)||2013||2016||2021|
Occupation: Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers
- Date modified: