Job prospects Floor Covering Installer near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Floor covering installers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a floor covering installer.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Floor covering installers (NOC 7295) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Floor covering installers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,510 people work in this occupation.
- Floor covering installers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 87%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: