Job prospects Floor Covering Installer in Alberta
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "floor covering installer" in Alberta or Canada.
Job opportunities in Alberta
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Floor covering installers (NOC 7295) in Alberta for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Floor covering installers in Alberta:
- Approximately 2,450 people work in this occupation.
- Floor covering installers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 92%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 86% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 14% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 48% of floor covering installers work all year, while 52% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 50% of floor covering installers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 94% compared to 54% for all occupations
- Women: 6% compared to 46% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: 30% compared to 12% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 39% compared to 28% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 15% compared to 10% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 11% compared to 24% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: less than 5% compared to 18% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 8% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region|
|Red Deer Region|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region|
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "floor covering installer" Floor covering installers (NOC 73113) or Canada.
- Date modified: