Job prospects Floor Covering Installer in Alberta
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "floor covering installer" in Alberta or Canada.
Job opportunities in Alberta
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Floor covering installers (NOC 7295) in Alberta for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Floor covering installers in Alberta:
- Approximately 2,450 people work in this occupation.
- Floor covering installers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 92%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 86% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 14% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 48% of floor covering installers work all year, while 52% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 50% of floor covering installers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 94% compared to 54% for all occupations
- Women: 6% compared to 46% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: 30% compared to 12% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 39% compared to 28% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 15% compared to 10% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 11% compared to 24% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: less than 5% compared to 18% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 8% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region|
|Red Deer Region|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region|
Source Labour Market Information | Prospects Methodology
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "floor covering installer" Floor covering installers (NOC 73113) or Canada.
- Date modified: