Job prospects Floor Covering Installer in British Columbia
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "floor covering installer" in British Columbia or Canada.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Floor covering installers (NOC 73113) in British Columbia for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Floor covering installers in British Columbia:
- Approximately 3,150 people work in this occupation.
- Floor covering installers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 90%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 84% compared to 78% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 16% compared to 22% for all occupations
- 45% of floor covering installers work all year, while 55% work only part of the year, compared to 61% and 39% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 41 weeks compared to 42 weeks for all occupations.
- 66% of floor covering installers are self-employed compared to an average of 17% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: more than 95% compared to 52% for all occupations
- Women: less than 5% compared to 48% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: 20% compared to 8% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 44% compared to 28% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 24% compared to 13% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 7% compared to 17% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: less than 5% compared to 22% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 12% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region|
|North Coast Region|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region|
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "floor covering installer" Floor covering installers (NOC 73113) or Canada.
- Date modified: