Job prospects Garment Repair Seamstress near Drummondville (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners near Drummondville (QC). These trends also apply to people working as a garment repair seamstress.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners (NOC 6342) in the Centre-du-Québec region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners in the Centre-du-Québec region:
- Approximately 180 people work in this occupation.
- Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 51%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 19%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 6%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 6%
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (NAICS 337): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: