Job prospects Garment Repair Seamstress near Kitchener (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners near Kitchener (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a garment repair seamstress.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be limited for Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners (NOC 6342) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 420 people work in this occupation.
- Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 42%
- Clothing, leather and allied product manufacturing (NAICS 315-316): 16%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 16%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: