Job prospects Courier Service Driver near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Delivery and courier service drivers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a courier service driver.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be limited for Delivery and courier service drivers (NOC 7514) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Delivery and courier service drivers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 5,270 people work in this occupation.
- Delivery and courier service drivers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 41%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 14%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 12%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 10%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: