Job outlook Fertilization Service Contractor - Agriculture near Kitchener (ON)
Job opportunities for Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers (NOC 8252) are fair near Kitchener (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a fertilization service contractor - agriculture.
Job opportunities near Kitchener (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers (NOC 8252) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie has the second highest share of these workers in Ontario. The region forms part of the agricultural heartland in southern Ontario and accounts for about 13.0% of all farms in the province. Most of the farms in the region are in the counties of Wellington and Simcoe. Like many parts of Ontario, the total area of land used for farming activities fell throughout Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie. The Simcoe, Wellington, and Waterloo areas all have a larger agricultural workforce compared to many other parts of the province. In addition, the number of individuals employed in the agricultural industry increased in Waterloo between 2011 and 2016. A large number of farms in the region are oilseed and grain farms, beef cattle ranches, as well as dairy cattle and milk producers. The county of Wellington is one of the main producers of poultry and eggs in Ontario. Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie also has a sizeable horse track racing industry, which includes two large facilities. This may lead to some opportunities for specialized livestock workers, such as horse trainers, over the forecast period.
Here are some key facts about Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 990 people work in this occupation.
- Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 41%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 29%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
- Date modified: