Job prospects Industrial Arts Teacher - Elementary School in New Brunswick
Job opportunities for Elementary school and kindergarten teachers (NOC 4032) are fair in New Brunswick over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an industrial arts teacher - elementary school.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in New Brunswick
The employment outlook will be fair for Elementary school and kindergarten teachers (NOC 4032) in New Brunswick for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Elementary school and kindergarten teachers in the New Brunswick region:
- Approximately 7,000 people work in this occupation.
- Elementary school and kindergarten teachers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Elementary and secondary schools (NAICS 6111):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 88% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 12% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 71% of elementary school and kindergarten teachers work all year, while 29% work only part of the year, compared to 60% and 40% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 26 weeks compared to 29 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in New Brunswick by economic region.
|Campbellton–Miramichi Region||Good Good|
|Edmundston–Woodstock Region||Good Good|
|Moncton–Richibucto Region||Fair Fair|
|Saint John–St. Stephen Region||Fair Fair|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Elementary school and kindergarten teachers (NOC 4032) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: