Job prospects Industrial Arts Teacher - Elementary School in the Edmundston–Woodstock Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "industrial arts teacher - elementary school" was moved from the group Elementary school and kindergarten teachers (NOC 4032) to the group Elementary school and kindergarten teachers (NOC 41221).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Elementary school and kindergarten teachers" in the Edmundston–Woodstock Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Elementary school and kindergarten teachers (NOC 4032) in the Edmundston - Woodstock region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Additional information is available at the provincial level.
Here are some key facts about Elementary school and kindergarten teachers in the Edmundston - Woodstock region:
- Approximately 900 people work in this occupation.
- Elementary school and kindergarten teachers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: