Job prospects Baker near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Bakers" near Edmonton (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Bakers (NOC 6332) in the Edmonton region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Bakers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 1,530 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Bakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 45%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 33%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 19%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Bakers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: