Job prospects Baker near Grande Prairie (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Bakers near Grande Prairie (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a baker.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Bakers (NOC 6332) in the Athabasca - Grande Prairie - Peace River region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Bakers in the Athabasca - Grande Prairie - Peace River region:
- Approximately 330 people work in this occupation.
- Bakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 50%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 40%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 10%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: