Job prospects Baker near Ottawa (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Bakers near Ottawa (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a baker.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Bakers (NOC 6332) in the Ottawa region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Bakers in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 1,240 people work in this occupation.
- Bakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 33%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 32%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 30%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: