Job outlook Baker near Saanich (BC)
Job opportunities for Bakers (NOC 6332) are fair near Saanich (BC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a baker.
Job opportunities near Saanich (BC)
The employment outlook will be fair for Bakers (NOC 6332) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Bakers in the Vancouver Island and Coast region:
- Approximately 980 people work in this occupation.
- Bakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 54%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 25%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 15%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Bakers (NOC 6332) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: