Job prospects Civil Engineer near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Civil engineers" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Civil engineers (NOC 2131) in the Toronto region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Civil engineers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 12,480 people work in this occupation.
- Civil engineers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 54%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 19%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Civil engineers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: