Job prospects Civil Engineer near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Civil engineers" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Civil engineers (NOC 21300) in the Toronto region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Civil engineers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 12,820 people work in this occupation.
- Civil engineers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 56%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 17%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 8%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Civil engineers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: