Job outlook Civil Engineer near Truro (NS)
Job opportunities for Civil engineers (NOC 2131) are fair near Truro (NS) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a civil engineer.
Job opportunities near Truro (NS)
The employment outlook will be fair for Civil engineers (NOC 2131) in the North Shore region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Civil engineers in the North Shore region:
- Approximately 110 people work in this occupation.
- Civil engineers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 30%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 18%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 12%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 11%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 11%
Job opportunities in Nova Scotia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Civil engineers (NOC 2131) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: