Job prospects Computer Systems Analyst in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) are good in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a computer systems analyst.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be good for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) in Manitoba for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Demand for this occupation may be supported by increased adoption of telework arrangements spurred by the pandemic.
Here are some key facts about Information systems analysts and consultants in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 4,250 people work in this occupation.
- Information systems analysts and consultants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Computer systems design services (NAICS 5415): 25%
- Insurance Carriers and related activities (NAICS 524, 526): 14%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 7%
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 5%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 80% of information systems analysts and consultants work all year, while 20% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 8% of information systems analysts and consultants are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Good Good|
|North Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Parklands Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|South Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southeast Region||Good Good|
|Southwest Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Winnipeg Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: