Job prospects Information Systems Quality Assurance Analyst near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Information systems analysts and consultants near Edmonton (AB). These trends also apply to people working as an information systems quality assurance analyst.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) in the Edmonton region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Information systems analysts and consultants in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 8,440 people work in this occupation.
- Information systems analysts and consultants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 37%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 11%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 10%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 7%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: