Job outlook Information Systems Quality Assurance Analyst near Montréal (QC)
Job opportunities for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) are good near Montréal (QC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an information systems quality assurance analyst.
Job opportunities near Montréal (QC)
The employment outlook will be good for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) in the census metropolitan area of Montréal for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
A Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related field, or a college diploma in computer science is usually required to enter this occupation. Programming experience remains an almost unavoidable condition, as is bilingualism. Employers are looking for candidates with interpersonal skills such as the ability to collaborate and to work in a team, as well as personal competencies such as rigour, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to deliver expected results.
The evolution of employment in this occupation depends on the demand for computer services which continues to grow. The increase in online services, cloud computing, the development of mobile applications, the need to integrate several electronic platforms (smartphones, computers, tablets, etc.) and the requirement for increased cybersecurity will continue to contribute to the creation of new positions.
Here are some key facts about Information systems analysts and consultants in the census metropolitan area of Montréal:
- Approximately 31,940 people work in this occupation.
- Information systems analysts and consultants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 51%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 12%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 9%
Job opportunities in Québec
Labour market conditions across Canada
- Date modified: