Job prospects EDP (electronic Data Processing) Applications Programmer near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Computer programmers and interactive media developers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as an EDP (electronic data processing) applications programmer.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Computer programmers and interactive media developers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 16,010 people work in this occupation.
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 55%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 21%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: