Job outlook Speech Therapist near Toronto, ON
The job outlook for a speech therapist working near Toronto, ON is good over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Audiologists and speech-language pathologists (NOC 3141). Learn more about speech therapist
Job opportunities over the next 3 years near Toronto, ON Good
The employment outlook will be good for Audiologists and speech-language pathologists (NOC 3141) in the Toronto region for the 2018-2020 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The large number of offices of health practitioners, hospitals, and elementary and secondary schools will support job opportunities in this region.
Here are some key facts about Audiologists and speech-language pathologists in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 2,470 people work in this occupation.
- Audiologists and speech-language pathologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 70%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 21%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada over the next 10 years
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Audiologists and speech-language pathologists (NOC 3141) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: