Job prospects Social Worker near Port Hawkesbury (NS)
Explore current and future job prospects for Social workers near Port Hawkesbury (NS). These trends also apply to people working as a social worker.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Social workers (NOC 4152) in the Cape Breton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Additional information is available at the provincial level.
Here are some key facts about Social workers in the Cape Breton region:
- Approximately 280 people work in this occupation.
- Social workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 50%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 27%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 8%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: