Job prospects Health Care Association Program Officer near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers" near Calgary (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers near Calgary (AB). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers (NOC 4165) in the Calgary region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 1,540 people work in this occupation.
- Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 56%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 12%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 7%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: