Job prospects Laser Beam Machine-welder Operator near Fredericton (NB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Welders and related machine operators near Fredericton (NB). These trends also apply to people working as a laser beam machine-welder operator.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Welders and related machine operators (NOC 7237) in the Fredericton - Oromocto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Welders and related machine operators in the Fredericton - Oromocto region:
- Approximately 190 people work in this occupation.
- Welders and related machine operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 68%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 13%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: