Job prospects Laser Beam Machine-welder Operator near Stratford (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Welders and related machine operators near Stratford (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a laser beam machine-welder operator.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Welders and related machine operators (NOC 7237) in the Stratford - Bruce Peninsula region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Welders and related machine operators in the Stratford - Bruce Peninsula region:
- Approximately 1,420 people work in this occupation.
- Welders and related machine operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 22%
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 22%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 15%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 10%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 9%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: