Job prospects Laser Beam Machine-welder Operator near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Welders and related machine operators near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a laser beam machine-welder operator.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Welders and related machine operators (NOC 7237) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Welders and related machine operators in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 8,250 people work in this occupation.
- Welders and related machine operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 17%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 15%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 14%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 13%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: