Job prospects Laser Beam Machine-welder Operator near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Welders and related machine operators near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a laser beam machine-welder operator.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Welders and related machine operators (NOC 7237) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The outlook for welders in the region is good. An aging workforce, new public transportation and infrastructure projects will help drive the need for skilled workers.
Here are some key facts about Welders and related machine operators in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 4,940 people work in this occupation.
- Welders and related machine operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 20%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 18%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 17%
- Transportation equipment manufacturing (NAICS 336): 10%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 7%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: