Job prospects Hand Sprayer - Greenhouse near Windsor (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Nursery and greenhouse workers near Windsor (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a hand sprayer - greenhouse.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
The employment outlook will be good for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) in the Windsor - Sarnia region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
The Windsor–Sarnia region forms part of the agricultural heartland in southern Ontario and accounts for about 12.0% of all greenhouses, nurseries, and floriculture producers in the province. This economic region has one of the largest agricultural workforces in Ontario and a much higher concentration of these workers compared to all other occupations in the region. Most of the greenhouses, nurseries, and floriculture producers in the region are in Essex with a smaller number in Chatham-Kent. Essex has the second highest number of these establishments as the centre for greenhouse crop production in the province. The Leamington and Kingsville localities in Essex County are the main growing areas for greenhouse vegetables such as tomatoes. Essex also has a fair number of nursery and tree and floriculture producers. Meanwhile, Chatham-Kent has a larger share of nursery and tree establishments. This region will likely remain one of the key areas for greenhouses, nurseries, and floriculture production with recent announcements to expand and build facilities across the area.
Here are some key facts about Nursery and greenhouse workers in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 1,130 people work in this occupation.
- Nursery and greenhouse workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 77%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 9%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: