Job prospects Hand Sprayer - Greenhouse near Rimouski (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Nursery and greenhouse workers near Rimouski (QC). These trends also apply to people working as a hand sprayer - greenhouse.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be limited for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Nursery and greenhouse workers in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region:
- Approximately 120 people work in this occupation.
- Nursery and greenhouse workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 76%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 10%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 8%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: