Job prospects Hand Sprayer - Greenhouse near Kitchener (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Nursery and greenhouse workers near Kitchener (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a hand sprayer - greenhouse.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
The Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie region forms part of the agricultural heartland in southern Ontario and accounts for about 12.0% of all greenhouses, nurseries, and floriculture producers in the province. Most of these operations are in the counties of Simcoe and Wellington. Simcoe has a high number of greenhouses, nurseries, and floriculture producers in Ontario. The majority of establishments in the region are nursery and tree producers with Simcoe second to only the Niagara area. There is also a fair amount of floriculture producers in Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie. Despite having a smaller agricultural base, the total number of greenhouses, nurseries, and floriculture producers increased in the county of Dufferin between 2011 and 2016.
Here are some key facts about Nursery and greenhouse workers in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 450 people work in this occupation.
- Nursery and greenhouse workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 74%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 14%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 8%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: